Tuesday, 9 September 2014

Tamarind Leaf Podi


After a rather successful attempt at making curry leaf podi / powder I thought why not now use tamarind leaves to get some tangy results ? So I Googled a bit and came up with some delicious tamarind leaf mixture that I sprinkle on my salads and food. Remember not to use any souring agent here as these leaves have a natural sour taste - imli grows on these trees !
2 Cups Tamarind Leaves.
1/3d Cup Peanuts With Skin.
8-10 Dried Red Chilies.
2 Tablespoons Dhania Seeds.
1 Teaspoon Black Peppercorns .
1 Teaspoon Jeera.
10 Cloves Garlic Slice Thin.

Wash leaves and dry in sun , then in small batches with 1 teaspoon oil dry them up in a wok - you can sun dry them I read but I want instant results always ! Spread the leaves , they will cool down faster and can be crushed easier.
Lightly roast all the spice till aromatic and cool down totally .
Lightly roast peanuts and cool down totally.
Saute garlic till it colors - cool.
Zap Peanuts and garlic till it all looks like breadcrumbs - set aside.Zap the spice coarse and mix with peanuts.Lastly do the leaves and mix it all . Add salt and there you are , a beautiful heap of delicious tamarind leaf Podi

Sikandalous Cuisine https://www.facebook.com/groups/325180622895/

1 comment:

  1. Hii.. Thanks for you posting this blog.
    I bookmarked this blog. I will try it this in summer.
    Best Restaurants in Delhi

    ReplyDelete