Saturday, 7 June 2014

Restaurant Review - Made in Punjab Revisited


Anurag & Promlla returned to India for their vacation and on their list was Made in Punjab which I promised them Sourish and I would take them to . As always the rest were late , so Ajay Singh and I demolished a platter of kababs waiting for them. That set the mood for the evening as my taste buds went into a tango !
Butter chicken there is exceptional - Veenu Chopra first pointed that dish out to me , which naturally was a part of our meal . We started with gol guppa shots , how they mixed with the wine these guys were drinking I still am trying to figure out , then they laugh at me for putting ice cubes in my wine !
Starters were palak ki chaat ( my always must have ) , chicken tikka and salmon tikka - the latter I think was Promiila's favorite. That followed by gucchi kabas which everyone loved. A short break and we moved on to amazing drop off the bone lamb chaamp , a signature dish there , butter chicken , MIP mutton curry - nice and spicy , gucchi pulao with yummy burani raita .Desserts was their signature paper thin crispy jalebis with rabri .
I have never had a bad experience in Made in Punjab and am real happy Anurag & Promiila loved the meal too . Our very discerning Bong buddy Samrat gave it a thumbs up - so I know we were on safe grounds . Thank you Chef Zahir Khan , Chef Pradeep and team MIP for making our evening so special .

Sikandalous Cuisine https://www.facebook.com/groups/325180622895/

No comments:

Post a Comment