Saturday, 28 June 2014

Paneer Charvela Eda Sathe- Eggs ooked With Paneer



I got this recipe from Jamva Chaloji - a fabulous book by Katy Dalal .
When I read the recipe at first I thought it was strange as I never in my wildest culinary dream would have made scrambled eggs with paneer . Having made this once we are all hooked onto the recipe . I don't know what the dish is supposed to look like - there is no pic in the book - all I do know is that this comes out delicious.
200 Grams Paneer - Chopped Finely / Grated - I crumble with my fingers.
6 Eggs.
1 Onion Finely Chopped.
1/2 Teaspoon Each Ginger Garlic Paste.
1/2 Teaspoon Green Chillies Finely Chopped.
1/2 Teaspoon Chili Powder.
1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder.
1 Tablespoon Butter .
2 Tablespoons Dhania Leaves.
Salt.
Heat butter and saute onions till limp but not colored.
Toss in black pepper , ginger and garlic .
Cook on low for 2-3 minutes .
Now add the crumbled paneer , mix well with the masala and cook covered on very low heat .While paneer is gently cooking whip up the eggs with salt and chili powder and gently stir into the onion masala.
Keep stirring , don't allow it to set. At this stage I add half the dhania leaves ( not in recipe ).
Cook eggs till just about done , the consistency should be soft spongy .Sprinkle balance dhania leaves and eat immediately without allowing the eggs to dry out.Tastes yummy on toast .
The changes I made , I doubled all ingredients other than onions , eggs and paneer as I thought the recipe was under spiced.

Sikandalous Cuisine https://www.facebook.com/groups/325180622895/

1 comment: