Saturday, 28 June 2014

A Review of Dakshin - Gastronomic Feast !

 
 



Chef  Venu comes from an agricultural background , his family have all been farmers. He is a farmer at heart too and fondly discussed his organic farm in Servarayan Hills , Tamil Nadu as I sampled his delicious food , which is a special and I think on till Sunday only .
The menu is designed keeping the cuisines (1) Cochin - fabulous Kerala Syrian Chrstian style prawns . (2) Pondicherry - An almond based vegetarian Kurma . (3) Chennai which showcased the Meva Biryani and chicken keema  - the Biryani was super yum and unusual , an emsamble of  mutton , dry fruits , and rice dumplings - a must have if you head there this week end.(4).Mangalore where slow cooked Pandi Curry was the star .I forget what I ate from Kanya Kumari !
A first for me were delicious Setu Dosa - thick dosa with cooked egg on top and steamed  , and Sannas - yummy fluffy rice and coconut toddy cakes . I went through many more small bites which I am sharing in the collage .
If you are looking for a gastronomic fest , head to Dakshin at Sheraton Hotel .




Sikandalous Cuisine https://www.facebook.com/groups/325180622895/

1 comment: