Sunday, 18 May 2014

Mutton in Ginger & Onion Paste


I thought up this recipe as I wanted something different from the regular stuff I have been making . It came out delicious.

Marinate 500 grams of mutton in 2 tablespoons raw mustard oil , 1 heaped tablespoon ginger paste , 1 tablespoon thick curd , salt and 4-5 broken dried red chilies.I cling wrapped and kept this for 4 hours.

I then took a pressure cooker , added the marinated meat with no water , and pressure cooked it for 2 whistles, took it off the flame and allowed it to cool down under pressure - 30 minutes , only when cool I removed the whistle .By now the mutton is 75% cooked and there was quite a bit of liquid in the cooker .


I poured the mutton and juices into a wok , added the puree of 1 medium sized onion and 1 tablespoon dhania powder AND 2 tablespoon raw cold mustard oil ! Then cooked covered over low heat till mutton was nicely done, I kept bhunoing it occasionally .
When mutton had cooked I added 1/3d cup water and 1 teaspoon jeera powder and 1 teaspoon of Kashmiri Mirch for the lovely red color , allowed it to cook covered 1 minute to blend flavors, then turned off the heat.


This came out delicious . There is no garlic or any spice other than dhania and jeera powder and nor did I miss any , there is a lovely ginger flavor - it's subtle but its there





http://sikandalous-cuisine.blogspot.in/


No comments:

Post a Comment