Tuesday, 22 April 2014

Usal - Variety 1


One of the nicest things that has come out of sikandalous cuisine is not only have I got to make some wonderful friends and experience awesome talent , but it has opened a whole wide world of cuisines to me . I had a big NO NO in my head about ' sweet food ' - well here I am sharing a delicious recipe which I got from " Rasachandrika ' - Saraswat Cookery Book which has recipes from the Saraswat kitchens of the 40's.
Two Cups Sprouted Green Moong Dal - I used 4 day old well sprouted dal.
1 Tablespoon Groundnut Oil.
1/2 Teaspoon Mustard Seeds. Curry Leaves.
1.5 Tablespoons Jaggery ( adjust )
I Teaspoon Chili Powder - I used green chilies too.
2 Tablespoons Coconut Shavings.
Salt
Heat oil , splutter mustard , then add green chilies and curry leaves , after 30 seconds add sprouts and about 1/2 cup hot water - cook 3-5 minutes till sprouts just about start to become tender - they should remain firm so don't overcook them.Add salt ..chili powder and Jaggery , gently mix well and take off heat and the coconut shavings .
PS
Once you have taken the photographs mix in the coconut shavings and feast upon this delicious dish !

Sikandalous Cuisine https://www.facebook.com/groups/325180622895/

No comments:

Post a Comment