Thursday, 13 March 2014

Review - Guppy by ai revisited








This visit was long overdue as I hadn't been back after the Delhi Gourmet Club events at Guppy a few months back . I knew Black Cod and Pork Belly would be on our list , the rest we were confused about so left it to Chef Vaibhav , a wise decision . Salad was a fresh and crunchy tossed green salad in a delicious Ponzu dressing - Ponzu ponzu is the roughly like a vinegar punch . Next was a clever Amuse bouche which was a crispy bite sized potato ' basket ' with a topping of leek I think , an ideal palate neutralizer after the salad.We then ate divine asparagus and cream cheese sushi which were made out of black rice from Shillong I was told. Superlative.
Exotic Mushroom Gyoza , or a gluten free steamed and pan seared dumpling appeared next , I didn't care for this one at all. However Crispy Vegetable Harumaki , or phyllo sheets ' patties ' with a Mizo sauce more than made up for the mushroom dish.
I ate some pork belly was melt in mouth delicious.Although by now I was stuffed to the gills I managed to work my way through
Black Cod , the Pièce de résistance dramatically served on a hot stone -superb as always .
Guppy has always been a great experience and I am happy to see that despite being full up at lunch , service was impeccable and the food outstanding . Thank you Vaibhav , we all enjoyed our lunch tremendously and will be back for the Set Meals next.

No comments:

Post a Comment