Tuesday, 17 September 2013

Baingan Kay Kabab

Baingan Kay Kababs

Lunch suddenly sounded boring - I had asked for baingan ka bhartha and now was no longer in the mood for it . A look into the kitchen told me that I was too late as for once Gyan Singh was quick to finish cooking . That's when it struck me that I could transform the Nepali Baingan Bhartha into kababs - or try too . The effort wasn't wasted and the kabas were real nice.
1 large Baingan - Roast on the fire , cool and remove most of the skin. Add 1/2 teaspoon of garlic and ginger paste , salt , chopped green dhania and some green chilies .Mash and mix - but dont make a paste. To this mixture add 1.5 tablespoons besan , shape into balls , slightly flatten and deep fry . These turn out soft and delicious .One can recycle leftover bhartha and make these too .

No comments:

Post a Comment