Monday, 12 August 2013

Review of Sunday Brunch , Yum Yum tree , New Delhi

























Sunday brunch at Yum Yum Tree - I hadn't returned to the restaurant after Delhi Gourmet Club's two dinners there almost a year ago . My friends raved about the brunch and this Sunday I happily found myself there with them.Fortunately we had a booking as the restaurant was packed .
To say it's a generously extensive feast is an understatement . How they manage to cater to 168 people almost at the same time says a lot for Varun and his team as neither service nor the quality was compromised - everything fresh and beautifully plated.
Starters salads - Burmese Tomato and Shredded Snow Peas were our undoing as we gorged on them.

Sushi I had expected would be tops which it was .We went through an extensive variety -Tuna Sashimi , Spicy Salmon , Boston Spider Roll With Soft Shell Crab , Asparagus Tempura Roll amongst a few others . What stood out was the Prawn Tempura Roll - Yum Yum ! We got a tasting of Foie Gras and Truffle Gunkan Sushi - to my palate it sounded better than it tasted though the others loved it .

The Dim Sum had me floored - encased in thin translucent wraps , they were light and beautifully made . I didn't get that ' maida ' taste which happens in most places. These were the best I have eaten in recent times.I could head back there just for these .

For mains we greedily went through Basil Chicken ( excellent ) , BBQ Ribs ( Brilliant ) and very nice Miso Prawns. I didn't care for the beans - crunchy they were ,but didn't do anything for me , nor did the Prawn Tempura though the Veg one was crunchy and lovely

Desserts - old favorites New York cheese Cake and Bailey's Creme Brulee  were superb. I will happily head back once a month for this delicious feast as I am for now hooked !


Sikandalous Cuisine https://www.facebook.com/groups/325180622895/

2 comments:

  1. Great but when i vote Google says "too many votes",Is Google getting jealous of you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is very informative and gracefully
    your guideline is very good.Thank you
    Best Restaurants in Delhi

    ReplyDelete