Thursday, 15 August 2013

Parmal Alu



Deep fried crunchy and delicious !

3 Large Potatoes .
10 Parmals.
Peel cut potatoes into fingers. Scrape parmals and slice lengthwise into 2 or 4 pieces.Deep fry both separately.Set aside.

Make A Paste :
1 Teaspoon Garlic Paste.
1 Teaspoon Ginger Paste.
1 Teaspoon Dhania Powder.
Haldi
Salt
Chili Powder.
Jeera Powder

Make a paste of the above by adding some water - set aside.

Heat oil in a wok , add masala paste , cook till oil separates , then add parmal alu and bhono well to coat each piece with masala , keep scraping the bottom to collect the masala that sticks there , those are the tasty parts ! Entire process should take 5-6 minutes . At home we make it ' karara' - crunchy and well bhunoed .Enjoy !

4 comments:

  1. Agreed and i believe that this recipe ought to be adapted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best ever parmal alu I have across. It was a treat to see my family relishing the dish. My daughter who never ate parmal has started eating ever since I cooked this one. Can't thank you enough atul....kudos to all your shares....

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best ever parmal alu I have across. It was a treat to see my family relishing the dish. My daughter who never ate parmal has started eating ever since I cooked this one. Can't thank you enough atul....kudos to all your shares....

    ReplyDelete