Monday, 18 February 2013

Besan Ka Cheela

Besan Ka Cheela

Quantities will vary depending upon your taste , what I have written here are mere indications , please tweak to taste . Golden rule is you want a batter that is smooth , no lumps , and like in the case of pancakes / dosas , of pouring consistency .

1 Cup Besan
2 tablespoons Chopped Onions.
1 Teaspoon Chopped green Chilies ( adjust )
2 Tablespoons Chopped Green Coriander.
Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Carom Seeds /Ajwain ( optional , I avoid ).
2/3d Cup Water ( adjust )

Mix all the above , no lumps should remain . Leave covered for about 15-20 minutes , makes a difference to rest the batter as the besan absorbs the water nicely . You may need to add more water just before making the cheelas/pancakes.

Heat a non stick tawa / frying pan, grease the surface with 1/2 teaspoon oil , spread with a tissue.. on medium hot pan spoon batter rotate pan and spread evenly . Lower heat , cover pan . 3-4 minutes later drizle oil on the surface of the cheela/pancake ( I avoid ) , flip cheela , cover and cook 2 minutes .

Oil makes them crisp and tasty no doubt , so what I do is I have one oil free and the other then I eat with oil , guilt free !

Sikandalous Cuisine https://www.facebook.com/groups/325180622895/

2 comments:

  1. This is very nice post and people getting more information about restaurant so this post will definately help them to find best restaurant.I will share this post with my friends.

    Noida Restaurants

    ReplyDelete


  2. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I look forward to trying it out...
    Indian Restaurants in South Campus

    ReplyDelete