Saturday, 26 January 2013

Gajar Ka Halwa

Gajar Ka Halwa


The quantities made here are large as I freeze my halwa in batches . The halwa was cooked over very low heat - took nearly 4 hours - the end result was well worth it .

5 Kg Desi Red Carrots.
5 Kg Full Creak Milk
750 Grams Sugar.
600 Grams Desi Ghee.
Raisins , Blanched Almonds and Chironji Seeds to taste .

Clean grate and boil the carrots in milk , stir occasionally . I had it on sim for nearly 4 hours. When the milk is absorbed add the sugar and ghee , and ' bhuno ' on low heat till the carrots take on a nice reddish hue , dont rush this , do it slowly . Add the raisins , almonds , cook another few minutes . When serving decorate with chironji seeds.

I add my sugar slowly , tasting and adjusting as the sweetness of carrots too varies.

Sikandalous Cuisine https://www.facebook.com/groups/325180622895/

No comments:

Post a Comment