Monday, 19 November 2012

Sindhi Murg

Sindhi Murg

Recipe from Rocky Mohan's Art of Indian Cuisine.I have made some changes which I have added in brackets where needed.
8 Drumsticks ( I used one full chicken )
150 Ml Yogurt.
1 Teaspoon Haldi Powder.
1 1/2 Teaspoons Red Chili Powder.
1 Teaspoon Garam Masala.
Salt
100 Ml Ghee.
6 Cloves.
6 Peppercorns ( I used 12 )
1 Teaspoon Poppy Seeds.
1 Teaspoon Coriander Seeds.
1/2 Teaspoon Jeera ( I used Shahi Jeera )
4 Medium Onions ( I used 3 ).
2 Tomatoes.
3 Tablespoons Mint Leaves.
1 1/2 " Ginger Chopped ( I used 1 tablespoon Ginger Paste ).
8 Cloves Garlic Chopped ( I used 1 Tablespoon Garlic Paste ).

Make gashes in the chicken and marinate in yogurt , haldi , chili powder , garam masala and salt for an hour.
Heat 2 tablespoons of ghee , add peppercorns , coriander seeds, cloves and poppy seeds - fry till they crackle , then add the onions and saute till brown. Remove from heat , cool and blend into a smooth paste with all the other ingredients.
Heat remaining ghee , add the marinated chicken ( I removed and retained the marinade ) , brown the chicken and then add the marinade back along with the paste . Cook covered till oil separates , then add a cup of hot water and cook covered till done.
Absolutely delicious !

Sikandalous Cuisine https://www.facebook.com/groups/325180622895/

No comments:

Post a Comment